If you want to ascend certain weapons and characters in Genshin Impact then you will need to get Recruit, Sergeant, and Lieutenant Insignias. To get them, you will need to hunt down certain enemies in the game and farm them.
For the Recruit, Sergeant, and Lieutenant Insignias you will need to farm the following enemies:
- Fauti Skirmishers – you can find these by looking at the Bosses tab in your Adventurer’s Handbook, clicking on them will place a map marker and you can go there and fight them. You can farm them repeatedly, but their level will increase each time, and reset each day.
- Agents – these are any Fauti faction bosses.
- Electro Cicin Mages – just like the Skirmishers, you can use your Adventurers Handbook to track these down and farm them daily
The most important information you will need is that the different types of Insignias drop at different levels:
- Recruits Insignias – drop from sub level 40 enemies
- Sergeants Insignias – drop from Level 40+ enemies
- Lieutenant’s Insignias – drop from Level 60+ enemies
So, to get the Insignia you want, you need to use the Handbook to find any of the above-listed enemies, and farm them until they hit the level that can drop the Insignia you want. From our time in the game, the Skirmishers certainly seem like the best source for Insignias, as their drop table seems to be waited towards dropping them.
The main reason for this is that Skirmishers will tend to spawn in pairs, but they are not an easy fight. Heavy elemental users, you will need to focus one of them out before turning your attention to the other one, so make sure you have a good mix of elements in your party before you go hunting them down.