The Hard Light Exotic Auto Rifle is a weapon that returns to Destiny 2, having been in the original game. A fun weapon to use, the stream of bullets can be used to put on quite a light show while you murder your enemies. The main attraction of this weapon is the Volatile Light perk. Shots from the Hard Light have no damage falloff, will over-penetrate targets, and will also ricochet off solid surfaces. This means if enemies are foolish enough to stand in a line, in a small room, or even on the same map as you, you will be doing a lot of damage.
The Fundamentals perk allows you to change the damage type that the weapon does. The change will enable you to adapt to the enemies you are fighting quickly and take advantage of the different burns that are available from week to week.
Unfortunately, to get the Hard Light, you are throwing yourself on the mercy of Destiny 2’s various RNG mechanics. It can randomly drop from Exotic Engrams, or from completing events such as the Crucible, Nightfall, or other in-game activities. The last place that it might show up is in Xur’s weekly stock, so be sure you always check to see what the mysterious Trader brings to the game each Friday.
Hard Light Perks
- Volatile Light – Rounds fired from this weapon have no damage falloff, over-penetrate targets, and ricochet off hard surfaces.
- Polygonal Rifling – Increased stability and reduced recoil.
- Alloy Magazine – Faster reloads when the mag is completely empty.
- The Fundamentals – Allows you to change the active burn of the weapon between Arc/Solar/Void.
- Composite Stock – Increases stability and also increases handling speed.