God of War features some pretty cool looking armor pieces for both Kratos and Atreus. While there is no shortage of rare and even legendary armor throughout the early and middle parts of the game, the end game armor sets are where it gets really interesting. As you specialize your armor with enchantment gems and spec it to your play style, the materials required to craft high end armor get more complex and difficult to attain. What if I told you that you can get a pretty badass set of Royal Dwarven Armor without having to fight over any rare materials?
Brok and Sindri’s Favors
Throughout the game you have frequent run-ins with the Dwarven Huldra brothers, Brok and Sindri. While both are always inexplicably near where you are, they’re you’re one stop shop for all things armor, weapons, upgrades, and consumables. They also tend to ask you for small favors to help them out. It’s easy to push those aside for later in the game, but should you choose to complete their favor quest line, you will be rewarded with a pretty sweet set of armor, the Legendary Royal Dwarven armor set.
To complete the Dwarves’ favor quest line, you have to complete the following:
- Second Hand Soul (Brok): You get this quest from Brok by visiting him at his shop at the entrance to the Volunder Mines in the southeast of the Lake of Nine. You’ll be tasked with tracking down an old friend and reporting back to Brok.
- Deus Ex Malachite (Brok): After completing the previous favor, Brok will ask you to meet him in the Landsuther Mines. You get there by rowing your boat through a channel from Lake of Nine due to the southwest. Look for the dashed black line between two realm towers on your map.
- Fafnir’s Hoard (Sindri): This favor involves you heading into Fafnir’s Storeroom to look for a whetstone for Sindri.
- Family Business (Sindri): After completing Fafnir’s Hoard, Sindri will send you to the Northri Stronghold to continue the search.
- Hail to the King (Brok and Sindri): After completing the last of the four individual favors above, the brothers will ask you to go to Konunsgard and complete a series of tasks there. Upon your return, you will be able to craft the Royal Dwarven Armor.
Note that you can do the above favors at any time. Even finishing the main campaign will not prevent you from completing them still.
Legendary Royal Dwarven Armor
After you’ve completed all the prerequisite favors as listed above, six new armor pieces will become available to craft at any shop.
- Brok’s Royal Dwarven Breastplate
- Sindri’s Royal Dwarven Breastplate
- Brok’s Royal Dwarven Gauntlets
- Sindri’s Royal Dwarven Gauntlets
- Brok’s Royal Dwarven Waist Guard
- Sindri’s Royal Dwarven Waist Guard
As you can see, each set has a specific focus of attributes. Brok’s set is focused on strength and defense while Sindri’s set sacrifices some of those values in favor of cooldown points. You can easily mix and match to accommodate for your personal preferences.
Note that even though it appears that you can only craft one item per armor slot, if you purchase one waist guard, for example, and then leave the store and return, you’ll be able to craft the other brother’s version for only a large amount of Hacksilver. If you’re strapped for cash, we recommend you have a look at our guide on how to get more.
Now that you’ve got yourself a pretty high end and sweet looking set of armor, why not visit our God of War Guide Hub and look for more collectibles to track down? Perhaps you’re ready to take on those Corrupted Valkyries now.