Hunting is one of the new mechanics introduced to Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6. The island is now populated by different types of animals that can be found all over the map, hunted, and then used for crafting different items and weapons.
There is no tracking involve in the hunting of animals, thankfully. The animals will randomly spawn in different areas of the map. The do not tend to spawn near named locations or built up areas, and can instead be found in the wooded areas of the map. They seem to be especially common in the new autumnal looking areas of the map that were formed at the start of the season.
All you need to do is shoot them to eliminate them, then they will drop various resources on the ground that you can pick up and use for crafting. Most of the animals are quite passive, so are no threat. Wolves tend to run in packs, and will attack you, but not particularly tough to kill.
Just remember to keep to the woods and forests and you will have no problem finding them.
You can find the rest of the week 1 challenges below:
- Find Golden Artifacts near the Spire (0/3) – 24,000 XP
- Investigate an anomaly detected at Lazy Lake – 24,000 XP
- Craft a Hunter’s Cloak (01) – 24,000 XP
- Collect mechanical parts from vehicles, trailers, buses, or tractors (0/5) – 24,000 XP
- Craft mechanical weapons using mechanical parts and a makeshift weapon (0/3) – 24,000 XP
- Hunt Wildlife (0/5) – 24,000 XP
- Legendary Challenge – Craft Items (0/3) – 35,000 XP