The previous two Call of Duty: Black Ops games featured Specialists, playable characters in multiplayer with special abilities and weapons. Black Ops Cold War, however, goes back to basics, going more in line with the 2019 Modern Warfare title. You’ll play as different Operators in Black Ops Cold War, all with unique identities and backstories. They all play the same, but you’ll certainly prefer some over the rest. Besides the default MIL-SIM Operators, you’ll need to complete a specific challenge to unlock each of these Operators. Unlocking them in Black Ops Cold War will also unlock them in Warzone.
Below is a list of all Operators in Black Ops Cold War, their faction, and how to unlock them. The in-game Operators menu will have trackers for each of these challenges.
- Hunter (US Army Ranger) – Default
- Song (ROK-SWC) – Default
- Park (MI6) – In Zombies, successfully exfil 3 times.
- Adler (MACV-SOG, CIA) – In Multiplayer, get 10 kills with Scorestreaks.
- Baker (Navy SEAL Scout Sniper) – In Multiplayer, get 100 eliminations with Sniper Rifles.
- Sims (US Army, CIA) – In Multiplayer, destroy 10 enemy vehicles or Scorestreaks.
- Woods (USMC, CIA-SAD, MACV-SOG) – In Multiplayer, get 5 kills without dying 15 times.
- Vargas (Ex-National Army of Colombia, M-19) – Default
- Powers (Ex-USMC) – Default
- Portnova (KGB) – In Multiplayer, kill 50 enemies revealed by Scorestreaks or Field Upgrades.
- Beck (Diensteinheit IX) – In Zombies, get 200 eliminations using Pack-A-Punched weapons.
- Garcia (DGI) – In Fireteam Dirty Bomb, detonate or help your Fireteam detonate 5 Dirty Bombs.
- Stone (Ex-SAS) – In Multiplayer, perform 15 Finishing Moves.