On March 9, Konami released the latest edition of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links Turbo Duel Grand Prix (GP), a Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s event that utilizes characters from the third generation of the show, and Turbo Dueling rules. Much like previous Turbo Duel events, EX Skills, which are special skills that can be used for these PvP games, are back. But, there are some new twists, so let’s go over those, plus which skills are the best to use.
EX Skills for Turbo Duel GP for March 2020
But before we go over our pick for the best Skill, let’s go over each one, starting with Speed Spell – Acceleration:
Speed Spell – Acceleration
- Remove 4 – Increase the ATK of all monsters you control by 200.
- Remove 6 – Select one Level 4 or lower monster in your hand that can be Normal Summoned. Play the selected monster.
- Remove 8 – Draw two cards, then send one card from your hand to the Graveyard.
- Remove 10 – Add one Tuner Monster to your hands from your Deck.
Speed Spell – Trickster
- Remove 3 – Increase the ATK of one monster you control until the end of the turn by the number of your opponent’s Speed Counters X 100.
- Remove 6 – Select one monster you control. It is treated as a Tuner Monster as long as it remains face-up on the field.
- Remove 6 – Choose one Tuner Monster in your hand that can be Normal Summoned and play it.
- Remove 10 – Draw two cards.
Speed Spell – Power Force
- Remove 5 – All monsters you control gain 400 ATK until the end of the turn.
- Remove 7 – Draw one card.
- Remove 8 – All monsters you control gain 1000 ATK until the end of the turn.
- Remove 10 – Destroy one face-up monster your opponent controls.
Speed Spell – Black Rose
- Remove 4 – Select one monster you control. It will be able to deal piercing damage until the end of the turn.
- Remove 4 – Until the End Phase, halve the DEF of all monsters you opponent controls.
- Remove 4 – Change the battle position of a monster your opponent controls.
- Remove 4 – Select one monster you control. Until the end of the turn, it can attack each monster your opponent controls one time.
Speed Spell – Sector Security
- Remove 3 – View one face-down card on your opponent’s side of the field/
- Remove 4 – During your opponent’s turn, your opponent can only gain Speed Counters up to three times.
- Remove 4 – Play one monster from your opponent’s Graveyard that was destroyed by battle and can be Normal Summoned/Set. This monster will be sent to your opponent’s Graveyard at the end of the turn.
- Remove 8 – Neither player can banish cards in the Graveyards nor Special Summons monsters from the Graveyards until the end of your opponent’s next turn.
Speed Spell – Earthbound
- Remove 3 or more – Increases the ATK of one monster you control until the end of the turn by the number of Speed Counters removed X 100. If you remove 10 or more Speed Counters, increase its ATK by 2000 instead.
- Remove 3 or more – If you do not control a Field Spell, activate “Yami.” If you remove five or more Speed Counters, activate “Earthbound Geoglyph” instead of “Yami.”
- Remove 3 or more – Return one “Earthbound Immortal” monster from your Graveyard to your hand. If you remove 10 or more Speed Counters, you can play the card instead of returning it to your hand.
- Remove 3 or more – Send one “Earthbound Immortal” monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. If you remove five or more Speed Counters, you can add the card to your hand instead of sending it to your Graveyard.
Speed Spell – Clear Mind
- Remove 3 – One Synchro Monster you control will become a Tuner Monster until the end of the turn.
- Remove 5 – Play one Tuner Synchro Monster in Defense Position from your Graveyard.
- Remove 7 – Play one Level 2 or lower Synchro Monster in Defense Position from your Extra Deck.
- Remove 9 – Play on Synchro Monster that uses a Synchro Monster as its Synchro Material from your Graveyard.
Clear Mind is the newest one to be added, as that one has synergy with Antinomy and his T.G. archetype.
Remember, to activate any of these EX Skills and pop off one of the above effects; you need Speed Counters. Players receive one to three Speed Counters during the Standby Phase of each turn (number increases by one each turn), one for a Normal Summon, and one for a Synchro Summon.
To set a specific EX Skill, select the EX Skill icon on the bottom-right portion of the Turbo Duel GP Home screen. Then, click on one to set it as the preferred EX Skill.
Turbo Duel GP EX Skill Recommendations
For practical purposes, we recommend going with the Speed Spell – Power Force. For the most part, it’s easy to go off with, and the fact that you can gain ATK, while at the same time, draw a card, or pop a monster, gives it broad power throughout the game. Other skills such as Clear Mind, Earthbound, and Trickster just seem too circumstantial and archetype-specific, given the requirements and effects.
Having said that, it doesn’t mean you should discount those other skills, . If you use Synchro cards in your Extra Deck, for example, adding a Tuner monster via the Acceleration skill to the hand sounds pretty good. However, the high amount of Spell Counters does hurt the skill a bit.