Pokémon GO Team Go Rocket "Looming in the Shadows" Research Tasks Potentially Leaked
With Pokémon GO's loading screen changing to one featuring Team GO Rocket recently, players have anticipated more Team GO Rocket content coming soon. According to a recent leak, that content might involve new Research Tasks.
Twitter user Chrales recently posted what appears to be the script and tasks for upcoming Research centered around the villainous group Team GO Rocket. If this leak proves correct, then this article contains spoilers for the objectives of future Research Tasks as well as the story that connects them.
If this leak is accurate, the new Research Tasks will have the player joining Professor Willow in tracking down the leaders of Team GO Rocket. This task includes learning that the mastermind of Team GO Rocket is none other than classic Team Rocket leader, Giovanni. The supposed upcoming Research Tasks are listed as follows:
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Arlo [X] times
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Cliff [X] times
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Sierra [X] times
- Find the Team GO Rocket Boss
- Battle the Team GO Rocket Boss
- Defeat the Team GO Rocket Boss
- Catch a Legendary Shadow Pokémon
- Catch [X] Shadow Pokémon
- Purify [X] Shadow Pokémon
- Defeat [X] Team GO Rocket Grunts
- Win [X] Raids
- Spin [X] PokéStops
- Spin a PokéStop [X] days in a row
- Use [X] super effective Charged Attacks in Gym Battles
- Win [X] Great League Trainer Battles
Of course, as is the case with any leak, it's best not to completely believe this information until we get the official word from the developer or publisher. In this case, Niantic and The Pokémon Company.