Baldur’s Gate 3’s hotfix #5 has been released, and with it comes several tweaks to the game and fixes to some issues players have encountered during their playthrough. This time around, Minthara’s dialogue has taken the spotlight, with several fixes to their dialogue being blocked, and the PS5 version is getting some love with a few specific fixes just before thegames official release tomorrow.
It’s not quite as chunky as Patch #1 or #2, but it still shows Larian’s efforts to make the game the best it can be. We’ve got all the patch notes right here for you and separated it up for you, making it easy for you to find what you are looking for.
The main attraction for this hotfix is Minthara and their dialogue. This hotfix has fixed and addressed several bugs that blocked access to certain dialogue, including some relating to their romance and your companion’s feelings towards you romancing them.
This hotfix will also come with several bug fixes for the PS5 version of the game.
- Fixed a bug that locked players out of many of Minthara’s lines of dialogue.
Crashers and Blockers (PS5)
- Fixed an issue causing the game’s audio to stop working on PS5.
- Fixed graphical issues on HDR TVs when the HDR black level calibration was set to 0.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when opening the onscreen keyboard.
Crashers and Blockers
- Fixed sometimes not being able to talk to NPCs or party members because the game thought you were still in a dialogue.
- Fixed a rare crash that would occur when faraway characters got close to the party.
- Fixed a crash that would occur if a guard responding to a crime created a summon (e.g. an elemental), and you fled the combat or were incapacitated without killing the summon.
- Fixed a memory leak when creating and destroying many objects.
- Improved performance when cycling through Character Sheet tabs in splitscreen.
- Fixed splitscreen not working correctly when a client with splitscreen already enabled joins a multiplayer game.
- Fixed dismissed avatars not showing up properly in Withers’ Wardrobe if the host is at camp and is already looking inside the wardrobe.
- Fixed characters sometimes disappearing on splitscreen when the client reconnects after disconnecting while listening in on a dialogue.
- Clients rejoining a multiplayer game where there’s a dismissed avatar in Withers’ Wardrobe will now be able to pick that avatar up again rather than have to create a new avatar. (This bug would happen when the client left the session and another player selected that client’s avatar in the middle of the dismiss-to-camp dialogue.)
Gameplay and Flow
- Trader NPCs will now retain their Approval Rating of avatars and companions even after they’re dismissed to Withers’ Wardrobe.
- Fixed the Emperor not dying and therefore not triggering the Game Over flow if you bring him to 0 HP outside of combat in the Astral Plane.
- Fixed not being able to talk to Minthara at camp if you dismissed her outside of camp.
- Fixed Level Up not working as expected if you level up while the game is saving.
- Fixed Hag’s Bane not having an effect on Auntie Ethel.
- Fixed text being cut off in the title of tutorial pop-ups.
- Fixed button prompts getting cut off on the Multiplayer Settings screen on splitscreen.
- Fixed some UIs not updating when saving, causing, for example, Shadowheart’s inventory to appear empty when you recruit her on the beach.
- Fixed the tadpole count in the Radial Menu on controller.
- Fixed characters getting stuck when the Analog Stick Selection setting is set to Left Stick and you rotate the stick in circles as far as it can go.
- Added nipple covers to Cazador’s spawn for when the nudity filter is enabled.
- Moved Withers’ Wardrobe in the crèche camp to avoid clipping with Shadowheart’s tent.