Events are one of the best ways to make more Primogems in Genshin Impact, and they’re a fun way to engage with the story and gameplay in new ways. One of the most recent events, Dodoco’s BoomTastic Adventure, has you playing a board game with Klee, the cutest little bomb-throwing maniac in all of Teyvat. Over six stages, you’ll solve six progressively more complicated Bomberman-style puzzles for hundreds of Primogems and upgrade materials. Here’s everything you need to know.
Related: Genshin Impact: How to Get Primogems
How to Start Dodoco’s BoomTastic Adventure in Genshin Impact and What You Get
You can start the Dodoco’s BoomTastic Adventure opening quest as soon as you log into Genshin. Check the Events Overview page. It should be the second one down, below Waterborne Poetry. Head to Monstadt and visit Lisa in the Knights of Favonius Headquarters library. There, she’ll introduce you and Klee to a problem that needs solving: an important water source is seeing some invasive species hurt its ecosystem. The bigger problem? Keeping Klee occupied while the Knights deal with the water issue.
After exchanging greetings, Lisa will take you to the board game she prepared for Klee, the eponymous Dodoco’s BoomTastic Adventure. To get all the rewards, you’ll need to clear the board of enough Spikey Fish to reach specific point thresholds.
Reaching the third and final of these will allow you to collect all three reward tiers from the event details page. The rewards are:
|Stage||Point Thresholds||First Reward||Second Reward||Third Reward|
|I||16, 28, 35||70 Primogems, 3 Debris of Decarabian’s City||30,000 Mora, 3 Hero’s Wit||20,000 Mora, 3 Mystic Enhancement Ore|
|II||16, 28, 34||70 Primogems, 3 Boreal Wolf’s Cracked Tooth||30,000 Mora, 3 Hero’s Wit|
20,000 Mora, 3 Mystic Enhancement Ore
|III||16, 28, 37||70 Primogems, 3 Chains of the Dandelion Gladiator||30,000 Mora, 3 Hero’s Wit||20,000 Mora, 3 Mystic Enhancement Ore|
|IV||20, 38, 50||70 Primogems, 3 Debris of Decarabian’s City||30,000 Mora, 3 Hero’s Wit||20,000 Mora, 3 Mystic Enhancement Ore|
|V||20, 34, 46||70 Primogems, 3 Boreal Wolf’s Cracked Tooth||30,000 Mora, 3 Hero’s Wit||20,000 Mora, 3 Mystic Enhancement Ore|
|VI||20, 34, 46||70 Primogems, 3 Chains of the Dandelion Gladiator||30,000 Mora, 3 Hero’s Wit||20,000 Mora, 3 Mystic Enhancement Ore|
How to Complete Challenges in Dodoco’s BoomTastic Adventure
The six puzzles in Dodoco’s BoomTastic Adventure get progressively more complicated, but the premise is always the same. There are several dozen Spikey Fish you need to destroy. Pink ones are worth one point, yellow ones two points. You don’t need to destroy all of them, but to reach the top point threshold, you will need to clear the board of most.
Each of your Jumpty Dumpty (the bombs you use to destroy fish) has a different explosive radius noted in the top right of your screen. You get access to different kinds as you progress, but there are also more and more obstacles. Here’s an overview of each puzzle:
- Stage I: Use the three brown Jumpty Dumpty to clear the back squares of yellow fish, then the green for the center lines of fish.
- Stage II: Use the sides of the board to clear the pink fish and make a path toward the yellow, then use your yellow Jumpty Dumpty to destroy the larger groups.
- Stage III: Use your green Jumpty Dumpty to make a clear path to the back group of yellow fish, then use a red Jumpty Dumpty to clear that. Clean up the remaining fish with the Jumpty Dumpty you have remaining.
- Stage IV: Use two of your green Jumpty Dumpty on the sides to blow up Krash-Kaboom Mine flowers to clear the full line of fish. Use your last green Jumpty Dumpty to open a path from the front of the board to the backline.
- Stage V: Clear both side fish lines with two green Jumpty Dumpty, then use your last one to clear the front bit of seaweed. Use your remaining Jumpty Dumpty to clear the rest of the board.
- Stage VI: Clear both sidelines with a green and two brown Jumpty Dumpty, then use another green to open a path at the front. Use your yellow to destroy the lines nearer the front, then the second one you got from the mine flower to clear the final line.
For completing all six stages, whether you get all the rewards or not, Lisa will come out and give the good news that the Knights were able to dispose of the invasive species.
Klee also gives you a special gift along with Lisa’s storybook about your and the little one’s adventures.