Xenoblade Chronicles 3 has a colorful cast of characters that you’ll spend the game’s entire story fighting alongside and mastering over dozens of hours. However, there are also heroes that can join your party and enhance it with their own classes and abilities. This guide outlines every hero and their class, so you know which one you want for your party.
All heroes and their classes explained
This list contains every known hero in Xenoblade Chronicles 3. At the time of writing, not all heroes or their classes have been revealed, but we’ve outlined all the ones shown so far in the game below, so you have the most up-to-date information.
- Undying Blade Ashera: This hero wields a dual-bladed sword and uses the Lone Exile class. It’s an aggressive defender class that is swift, using deadly slash strikes to draw in foes, only to mow them down as they get close.
- Valdi: This hero is an engineer and uses the War Medic class. They heal party members and focus on providing the proper buffs for the battle.
- Riku and Manana: A pair of Nopons that wear strikingly different costumes. Together they use the Yumsmith class, a Protean attacker class that exploits enemy weak spots and uses debuffs to alter the tide of battle.
- Fiona: A kind hero who almost certainly uses a class that aims to buff allies and heal them.
- Alexandria: This hero uses a single sword, similar to Noah, though she uses the Incursor class. This class is built for lashing out with critical hits for higher damage dealt.
- Ashenpelt Gray: A mysterious hero who uses two automatic pistols. They use the Full Metal Jaguar clas, which attacks foes in a wide area with twin guns and drones. Shots grow deadlier with each hit.
- Ghostbow Juniper: This hero is the first one we’ve seen that uses a bow. They use the Stalker class, an attacker class specializing in sniping enemies with arrows and hunting them from the safety of stealth.
- Pink Collar: A hero from the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct. We know nothing about the way they fight or their class.
- Zeon: A hero who wields a sword and shield. They use the Guardian Commander class, a defender class that turns the tables in battle, dealing massive damage when things get tough.
- Big Collar: The last hero from the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct who wasn’t named. They appear to be of the same race as Lanz and wear a big coat. Other than that, we can’t make any assumptions about their skills.
How do heroes work?
Any hero in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 can be assigned to your party, making for a full party of seven characters. However, you may only have one hero in your party at a time, so you need to choose which one you want wisely. Look at each hero’s class and determine if their skills will benefit you in the next battle or stage of the game’s story. For example, don’t pick an offensive specialist if you need more healing in the back, and don’t pick up a tank when what you want is more debuffs in play. You can take and use the class of any hero you recruit with any of the main characters and can even wear their look if you like it. Make sure you spend time using each class so you can find the best composition for your play style.
This article includes affiliate links, which may provide small compensation to DoubleEXP.