A new Series hit the Horizon Festival this month, one that will focus on well-known Japanese automakers like Toyota, Nissan, and Lexus, among others. The first week of the Japanese Automotive playlist is live, set in the summer season. So, what’s on tap for this week? Let’s take a look at it all, including the Treasure Hunt and Photo Challenge.
All Weekly playlist challenges
#Forzathon Weekly Challenges
- Own and drive the 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
- Earn nine Stars at Speed Zones in Nissan Skyline
- Win a Road Race in Nissan Skyline
- Drive five miles (8 km) in Nissan Skyline
Complete all four, and you will get five points, along with 160 Forzathon points.
#Forzathon Daily Challenges
- Drive five miles (8 km) in any vehicle from Japan
- Smash five phone booths
- Win a Street Race in any Japanese Retro Sports car
- Earn five Stars at Speed Traps in any ‘S2’ Class vehicle
- Complete a Horizon Open Race in any Japanese vehicle
- Take a picture of the Horizon Tour Mural in the Horizon Festival Mexico
- Reach 200 MPH (321/9 km/h) in any Rally Monster
A new challenge unlocks every day. Players will receive one point and 20 Forzathon Shop points for each of them they complete.
Weekly Race Challenges
- Complete “Sprint Series” event in The Trial (need to make the Hall of Fame in order to unlock – rewards are 10 pts. and Toyota Trueno)
- Complete two EventLab challenges (rewards are 6 pts. (3 pts. each), Super Wheelspin, and song reward (Dusky – Ingrid is a Hybrid))
- Complete Showcase Remix challenge (rewards are Super Wheelspin and 5 pts.)
- Complete Speed Trap challenge (rewards are Super Wheelspin and 2 pts.)
- Complete Drift Zone challenge (rewards are Super Wheelspin and 2 pts.)
- Complete two Seasonal Championships (rewards are 2004 Lancer MR, 2017 Nissan GT-R, and 5 pts. each (10 pts. in total))
- Treasure Hunt – “Take your starion for a ride and speed past the traffic” (rewards are 100 #Forzathaon points and 3 pts.)
- Photo Challenge – Photograph any Toyota or Lexus next to the stone lanterns in Ek’ Balam (rewards are Car Horn reward and 2 pts)
Let’s start off with the Photo Challenge. The lanterns are in ‘Ek Balam, and here’s what these objects look like.
The location for these lanterns can be found via our guide. As far as the Treasure Hunt goes, users must buy the 1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R. With it, users must accumulate five Near Miss skills. Players can get Near Miss skills by driving fast and coming close, but not hitting, cars. Try doing this in Horizon Solo, as more AI cars that make this challenge easier will spawn.
The chest can be found in the southwestern part of the map:
- Monthly Rivals (Plaza Circuit) – Post a clean lap to complete (reward is 4 pts. – Will only give 1 pt. per playlist)
- Forza EV (Tierra Prospera Circuit) – Post a clean lap to complete (reward is 4 pts. – Will only give 1 pt. per playlist)
Hot Wheels Events
- Complete Speed Trap – Must reach Elite Rank in Hot Wheels Academy to unlock (rewards are Super Wheelspin and 2 pts.)
- Complete Seasonal Championship (rewards are 1974 Honda Civic and 5 pts.)
20 points are needed for the 2023 Nissan Z. 40 points will yield the Toyota AT38.
This playlist is set to end on February 9.