One of the challenges for Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 4 is to deal damage with a Gatherer’s remain. You will need to deal a total of 10000 damage, and this is a challenge that is recommended for four players. This means if a squadmate does damage with a Gatherer, then it will count towards your total.
To find Gorgers, you will need to carefully look around the map for a bright beam of red energy that marks where they are spawning in. It is a good idea to grab a Choppa early in the round and look for them this way.
The Gorger is a large machine that will float just above the ground, and it will spawn Gatherers. These small robots will find lasers at you, and attempted to pick up random loot and bring them back to the Gorger.
When you destroy a Gatherer it will fall to the ground and you can pick it up. You need to do this quickly or it will explode. When you pick it up, it will turn into a gun with two fire modes. One mode is semi-auto, and you can fire it by pushing the fire button. The second mode is a charged shot that you can build up by holding the fire button. This will do a lot of damage, but will then exhaust the weapon and you will need to pick up another one.
You won’t be able to carry the weapon for the whole game, it doesn’t stay in your inventory and will disappear after a short time. As such, the best thing to do damage to is actually the Gorger itself, and other Gatherers.
The first thing you will need to do is find a Gatherer. To do this, you will need to track down a Gorger.
- Search chests at Slurpy Swamp (0/7) – 25,000 XP
- Get eliminations at Weeping Woods (0/3) -25,000 XP
- Deal damage within 10 seconds of jump off an umbrella at Sweaty Sands (0/100) – 25,000 XP
- Destroy Collector Cases at The Collection (0/3) – 25,000 XP
- Hack Stark Robots at Stark Industries (0/5) – 25,000 XP
- Destroy Gatherers (0/20) – 25,000 XP
- Deal damage with a Gatherer’s remains (0/10000) – 50,000 XP