One of the challenges in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 is to talk to a character. This might be a bit surprsing, as you won’t really have been speaking with characters in previous seasons. Thankfully, it is very easy to do.
You can find these characters in different locations all over the game. So far we have found them in just about every POI and named located on the map. They will give out different bounties, ask you to do different things, and can even be hired to accompany you as you play through the game, much like the Stark Robots from last season.
As you travel across the map, keep an eye out for speech bubbles that will pop up. They will appear on your map first, then as a waypoint on your screen. This is a character. Go to them and interact, and you will see a range of different bounty options.
Bounties reward you with gold, and you can then use the gold to purchase items from characters, or hire them, get special services from them like a revive for a team mate, or even purchase Mythic weapons from them.
For the weekly challenge, you will need to speak with three of the characters, and this can be done across different matches if you wish.
You can find the rest of the Week 1 challenges below:
- Complete bounties (0/5 – 55000 XP
- Stage 1 of 4 – Shotgun Elimination (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Stage 2 of 4 – Assault Rifle Damage (0/500) – 20000 XP
- Stage 3 of 4 – Sniper Rifle Elimination from 150m – 20000 XP
- Stage 1 of 3 – Discover Named Locations (0/5) – 20000 XP
- Stage 2 of 3 – Talk to a character (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Destroy structures at Pizza Pit or Pizza Pete (0/10) – 10000 XP