There are numerous hidden items, armor sets, and weapons throughout Remnant: From the Ashes. You’re going to need to comb through a good chunk of the game to locate all of them. Here’s a list of the ones we’ve been able to identify and have jotted down to make your life easier.
Hidden Items in Remnant: From the Ashes
Here’s a list of the hidden items you’re going to encounter in the game. Some of them randomly spawn in dungeons, so if you have not found them in a set location, keep looking. You’re going to need a handful of these items to find other armor and weapons along the way.
- Strange Coin – To locate this item, you need to go out of your way while you’re exploring the Earth realm to find it. You should be able to find it anywhere in the world, but you have a higher chance of finding it while in the realm’s dungeons. When you find it, take it back to Ward 13 and give it to Ace.
- Pocket Watch – To acquire this amulet, speak to Old Mudtooth. You need to exhaust all of his dialogue options, and when you do, he’ll reward you with the pocket watch. Keep it on yourself if you want to acquire the Bandit Armor set, which we list how to acquire below.
- Twisted Idol – To acquire this, you need to locate the Wailing Tree on Earth. You don’t need to do much else, beyond shooting the tree. Doing so starts a fight where you have to survive waves of enemies. You need to focus on killing the tree. After the tree is dead, you’ll receive the item.
- Twisted Mask – You’re going to find this item on Earth in the Junktown. Look around for the Crazed Merchant. Focus on the mask, demanding it from him. He does not give it up willingly. You need to kill him to acquire it.
- Ezlan’s Band – When you first enter Rhom, you can go out of your to find this item. It’s inside The Iron Rift. Head inside of the burning, and look for a corpse. You’re going to find the next to it.
- Heartseeker Ring – You’re going to find this item on Earth. You’re going to locate it one of the later areas, the Tangled Pass dungeon.
- Root Circlet and Braided Thorns – You’re going to find these in a random dungeon on Earth. You’ll know you’re in the right one when you see a cultist speaking to a root. Talk to the NPC, and go through their dialogue tree. Doing so gives you the Root Circlet. When you finish, look at the weak points on the root and take them out. This action turns the NPC hostile, allowing you to kill them. You’ll loot the Braided Thorns off of their corpse.
- Leto’s Amulet – You’re going to find this item on Earth in one of the random dungeons. You’re looking for a wall that reads, “Only the patient may pass,” on it. When you find it, crouch down in front of it and slowly walk towards the wall. Eventually, you’re going to go down to crawl forward, and you’ll find the item.
- Strange Curio – You’ll find this item nearby the Stuck Merchant on Yaesha. Go around the merchant’s cart, and you should find this item. You’re going to need it to find the final piece of an upcoming armor set.
Here are several of the harder to find armor sets you’re going to encounter in the game.
- Akair Armor – You need to complete several dungeons that you’re going to find on Rhom. By completing these dungeons, you’re going to acquire glowing rods. Eventually, you should find a dungeon with a large vault where you can place these glowing rods. Each glowing rod awards you a piece of this armor, forcing you to locate all of the glowing rods in the dungeons to complete the set.
- Bandit Armor – You need to collect the Pocket watch from Old Mudtooth. You have to choose, do you want the Bandit Armor set, or do you want the Pocket watch? The Bandit armor set gives you a 10 percent chance to replace any spent bullet you fire, per piece. The entire collection offers players a 35 percent chance. The Pocket Watch gives a player an additional 15 Stamina Regen per second, along with a 15 percent reduction in stamina cost. Make your choice. If you choose the armor, then you need to find Brabus, which is a random boss. Speak to him, and give him the pocket watch.
- Void Armor – We have an extensive guide on how to acquire this armor set. You can read that over here. You’ll need to solve the Floor Puzzle to open the lock. You can find it outside the Monolith checkpoint on Rhom.
- Osseous Armor – To find this item, you need to speak to a blind merchant on Rhom. You can find them in the middle of a hallway, connecting two, much more substantial locations, together. Travel through there, and you’ll find the blind merchant with a dog. Speak to him, and he’ll offer to tell you his secrets. Continue asking him for secrets until he doesn’t have anymore. When he doesn’t, he’ll offer to trade you off some armor for additional scrap.
- Slayer Armor – You need to have killed Ixillis. After you do that, you’ll have acquired the Guardian’s Heart. After you get it, you need to travel to Corsus and locate the Elf Queen, also known as Iskal Queen. She’ll ask for the heart. Doing so gives you the armor set.
- Radiant Armor – You need to find one of the armor pieces, the helmet, in a dungeon on Yaesha. You unlock this dungeon by using the item Strange Curio. When you’re inside and complete the dungeon, you’re going to receive the helmet. You can buy the two other armor pieces from the Stuck Merchant on Yaesha.
Here are the weapons you need to go out of your way to locate and add to your collection.
- Assault Rifle – We have an extensive guide on how to acquire this weapon over here. You’re going to have the chance to get it after you save the Root Mother from the church. If you have not gotten to this point the game, wait a little longer.
- Sniper Rifle – We have an extensive guide on how to acquire this weapon over here. You need to have played through the game to where you exit the subway tunnels and arrive to a church. The church has a fog door as its entrance, so that’s a good indicator of you’re getting close to it.
- Submachine Gun – We have an extensive guide on how to acquire this weapon over here. You’re going to find this weapon early in the game. You’re going to locate it at the place where you helped the NPC turn on the generators. Instead of going to the generator room, go to the left and down the stairs. You can use the Ward 13 key card to open it.
- Magnum – To acquire this weapon, you need to locate the Strange Coin. When you find it on Earth, return it to Ace. By returning it to Ace, she rewards you with the Magnum.
- Petrified Maul – To acquire this weapon, you need to beat The Ent in a specific way. When you’re fighting The Ent, aim for the creature’s legs. Take those out during the fight to cause it to fall. You’re going to acquire after the boss fight as a special ingredient. You can use it to craft the weapon.
- Scar of the Jungle God – You need to use the Lullaby song against The Ravager while finding the creature. Doing so puts the beast to sleep during the fight. After you kill The Ravager, it should drop the Stalker’s Claw, giving you access to the weapon.
- Smolder – While fighting Singe, you need to aim for the creature’s tail and shoot it off before killing it and doing so awards you Dragon Links, which you can use to craft this weapon.
- Wastelander Flail – We have an extensive guide on how to acquire this weapon over here. You’re going to find it in a random dungeon Rhom. You’re going to need to act quickly to survive the trail and acquire the weapon.
- Beam Rifle – We have an extensive guide on how to acquire this weapon over here. You’re going to find it immediately after you locate the Monolith checkpoint on Rhom. It’s going to be inside a building where you need to survive waves of enemies before grabbing it.
- Hunter’s Pistol – You’re going to locate this in a random dungeon on Earth. You’ll know you’re in the right one when you speak to a dying hunter at the entrance. They’re going to give you a key, and if you survive the dungeon, you’ll find a chest with the weapon inside.