Epic Games’ Fortnite: Battle Royale has made its way to Android’s Google Play Store. Fortnite has been playable on Android devices for quite some time, but installing it has been a bit of a hassle. You’re now able to install the game directly—as long as you have a supported device, that is.
The biggest change for players is that if you’ve installed Fortnite through Google Play, you can easily use funds from your Google Wallet to buy V-Bucks.
Otherwise, it works like Fortnite does on every other platform; Fortnite on Android supports full cross-play and account synchronization across all platforms. Challenges you complete and the levels you gain on your phone are tied to your account, so you’ll see them if you switch to another platform.
Both Battle Royale and Creative Mode are available on Android.
Fortnite for Android Compatibility
Here are the minimum specs your Android device needs to install Fortnite from the Google Play Store:
- 64-bit Android on an ARM64 processor
- Android OS 8.0 or higher
- minimum 4GB of RAM
- GPU: Adreno 530 or higher, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or higher
You can run Fortnite at 60 FPS on one of these current devices:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (USA variant only)
- Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, S10+
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+, Note 10+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A90 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
- HONOR View20
- Huawei Mate 20 X
- Huawei P30 / P30 Pro
- Sony Xperia 1
- Xiaomi Mi9
- OnePlus 7 Pro
- ASUS ROG Phone II
It’d be nearly impossible for us to give you a complete phone compatibility list since it depends so heavily on what hardware and software your phone uses. If you aren’t sure your phone meets these minimum specifications, the easiest way to find out if you’re able to download Fortnite from the Play Store is to try installing it. But don’t be too bummed out if your phone isn’t supported; you can still play Fortnite on your Android device. You’ll have to download it the long way.
Installing Fortnite through the Google Play Store
- From your Home screen, select the Play Store icon.
- In the search box, type Fortnite.
- If you see Fortnite listed, select it and tap Install. If you don’t see Fortnite listed, it means your phone isn’t supported.
Installing Fortnite without the Google Play Store
- On your phone, go to http://www.fortnite.com/android.
- Tap ‘Get it on the Epic Games App.’
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the Epic Games App.
- Open the Epic Games App.
- Tap Fortnite, then tap Install.
- When prompted, log into your Fortnite account.