One of the challenges for Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 4 Week 3 is to place three Fire Traps. Fire Traps were added to the game at the start of the season. They can appear as ground loot, or from chests, anywhere on the map, so you will just need to loot until you manage to find one.
When you pick it up, it will appear in your building gear slot, as long as you do not already have something in the slot. Placing them is very simple, just hit the building gear button on your platform, then place the Fire Trap on a wall. For this challenge you only need to place them, you don’t need to do damage with them, thankfully.
Fire Traps are uncommon loot that fires a fireball at enemies that stray too close. The range to activate a Fire Trap is three tiles, so try not to get too close to one if you see it in the game. If you need to break it to get safe passage, you can simply shoot it. The fireballs will do 50 damage to any player on impact, so thankfully won’t one shot you.
You can find the rest of the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 4 Week 3 challenges below:
- Search chests at Steamy Stacks (0/7) – 25,000 XP
- Eliminations at Retail Row (0/3) – 25,000 XP
- Collect Wood from Weeping Woods (0/500) – 25,000 XP
- Visit Panther’s Prowl (0/1) – 25,000 XP
- Deal damage with exploding gas pumps or gas cans (0/250) – 25,000 XP
- Place Fire Traps (0/3) – 25,000 XP
- Eliminate Iron Man at Stark Industries (0/3) – 50,000 XP
- Deal damage to opponents at Misty Meadows (0/500) 25,000 XP