One of the bigger changes in Destiny 2: Beyond Light is how you will about getting some of the Exotics. The new Exotics mostly fall into two groups, some you can get from quests, and others you can get by completing high-level Lost Sector activities.
It’s definitely a good way to handle Exotics, maintaining a challenge but also giving players a way to farm for the items they want instead of trusting in RNGesus.
- Cloudstrike – the method to get the Cloudstrike is detailed here.
- Duality – tied to the Season Pass
- Hawkmoon – not currently in the game
- Salvation’s Grip – tied to a quest in the Beyond Light DLC
- The Lament – you can find full write up on how to get the Lament here.
Lost Sector Exotics
- Precious Scars – Titan Helmet
- Icefall Mantle – Titan Gauntlets
- Mask of Bakris – Hunter Helmet
- Arthyry’s Embrace – Hunter Gauntlets
- Dawn of Chorus – Warlock Helmet
- Necrotic Grip – Warlock Gauntlets
You can earn the Beyond Light Armor Exotics by completing Legend or Master level Lost Sectors in a solo run. Once you have finished the campaign and hit the soft cap of 1200 Light, you will get access to these new difficulty tiers as long as you have completed the Lost Sector once.
Each day there will be a rotating Legend and Master Lost Sector that will either have a Rare (Legend difficulty) or Common (Master difficulty) chance to drop Gauntlets or a Helmet if you finish the Lost Sector solo.
The Lost Sectors will also have modifiers, and Champions, so make sure you reach the details fully in your director so you know which weapons and mods you need to bring because they will lock your equipment when they start.
Legend difficulty has a Power level of 1250, while Master difficulty has a Power level of 1280. You will also be limited to just three revives, so you don’t want to try these when you are too low in Power, as it will be a long, uphill struggle, and your time will be better spent running other activities to increase your Power level.
Where to find the Lost Sectors
There are three Lost Sectors on Europa that will reward these items if you run them on the right day, and two can be found on the Cosmodrome. Remember, you need to clear the normal version once, and be above the soft cap, to be able to run them.