One of the challenges in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 9 is to ride the Steamy Stacks. This is actually very easy to do, but might just be a little confusing for newer players.
Steamy Stacks is a named location on the northwestern corner of the island, so is very easy to find. Here, you can find two massive chimneys. Both of them have strange pools of purple goo at the bottom, and wind moves up the chimney from these pools and out the top.
To finish this challenge all you need to do is jump into the air, deploy your glider, and you will go sailing up to the top of the chimney. You can actually fly out the top and glide over to the other chimney, remove your glider and drop to the bottom again for some style points.
It’s a fun mechanic, and something players have been using to try and outsmart each other for a long time now, but it is not something that newer players might be aware of.
You can find the rest of the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 9 challenges below:
- Shakedown an IO guard (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Find a hidden bunker (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Find the crashed plane’s black box (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Deal damage while in water (0/200) – 20000 XP
- Emote at stone statues (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Ride the Steamy Stacks (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Deal damage to a Loot Shark (0/500) – 20000 XP
- Legendary Quest – Shakedown opponents (5,10,15,20,25) – 55000 XP to 22000 XP