One of the challenges for Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 9 is to find the crashed plane’s black box. The crashed plane can be found at a Landmark called Crash Site, to the southeast of Coral Castle.
This is a pretty regular mission spot in the game, normally showing up at least once a season. Make your way to the general area and you will need to look for an old reel-to-reel style recording device on the ground, near the rear of the crashed plane.
Interact with it and the challenge is complete. A super easy challenge, and an easy 20000 XP for your Battle Pass. After that, finish up the match however you see fit. This isn’t a bad place to drop straight into from the Battle Bus. You will be near Coral Castle and Sweaty Sands, both of which are good loot up spots.
If you have done the challenges yet, you might want to grab the books from Sweaty Sands or signal the coral buddies at Coral Castle. If you have already wrapped those up, you can just focus on another challenge from this week, or try to get that all-important win.
You can find the rest of the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 challenges below:
- Shakedown an IO guard (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Find a hidden bunker (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Find the crashed plane’s black box (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Deal damage while in water (0/200) – 20000 XP
- Emote at stone statues (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Ride the Steamy Stacks (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Deal damage to a Loot Shark (0/500) – 20000 XP
- Legendary Quest – Shakedown opponents (5,10,15,20,25) – 55000 XP to 22000 XP