You will need to deal damage to a loot shark for one of the challenges in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5, which means finding a spot where one will spawn. They are not as common as they used to be, but one area is definitely the best to finish up this challenge.
If you make your way to Coral Castle, then check out the northwest corner of the area, you will find plenty of loot, and a Loot Shark. Make sure you grab some guns so you can actually damage it, as getting in melee range pretty much guarantees you are going to take damage.
The reason this is such a great spot is that the loot shark has very limited room to move, while you can just stand on dry land and shoot it. Be careful, as the loot shark can still try to jump out of the water to get you, and it will do a lot of damage.
You need to do a total of 500 damage to the loot shark to finish the challenge, so you will need to kill it which will take a lot of ammo. While you are here, you may want to make your way to the crash site and grab the black box from the crashed plane for another one of this week’s challenges. You can find a guide for that linked below.
You can find the rest of this week’s challenge below:
- Shakedown an IO guard (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Find a hidden bunker (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Find the crashed plane’s black box (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Deal damage while in water (0/200) – 20000 XP
- Emote at stone statues (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Ride the Steamy Stacks (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Deal damage to a Loot Shark (0/500) – 20000 XP
- Legendary Quest – Shakedown opponents (5,10,15,20,25) – 55000 XP to 22000 XP