One of the challenges for Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 12 is to throw a fish back in the water. It’s a pretty simple challenge that can be completed anywhere on the map.
For fishing-related challenges, we like to visit Splode Island, to the northeast of Stealthy Stronghold. There is always a fishing rod barrel beside Splode’s Shack, and the area is normally quiet and has plenty of fish spawns.
Drop in from the Battle Bus and grab the fishing rod from the barrel, then make your way down to the water on the north side so that any players to the south won’t be able to see you. Fishing until you get at least one fish, it doesn’t matter which type.
When you catch the fish, select it from your inventory as if you were going to eat it, but hold the aim down sights button instead. This will give you the ability to throw the fish as if it were a grenade. Just throw the fish back in the water and the quest will be complete, netting you a cool 20,000 XP for your troubles.
The rest of the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 12 challenges can be found below:
- Deal damage within 15 seconds of gliding (0/200) – 20000 XP
- Visit Scenic Spot, Gorgeous Gorge, and Mount Kay (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Destroy inflatable tubemen at gas stations (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Find a family portrait from a shipwreck (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Throw a fish back in the water (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Hit different opponents with a harpoon gun (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Catch different weapon types from fishing spots (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Hit an opponent within 10 seconds of Zero Point Dashing (5,19,15,20,25) – 55000 to 22000 XP