Dealing damage within 15 seconds of gliding might sound like a tough challenge, but there are a couple of ways you can make this work out. As one of the challenges for Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 12, it is something you will need to do if you want to collect 20,000 XP for your battle pass.
The first way is to just drop in to any area that you feel will be busy. Most of the POIs tend to be quite busy at the start of the map, just follow other people down, land beside them, and then start a good old fashion harvesting tool match. If you are lucky, you can land directly on top of a weapon that has spawn as ground loot and dish out the damage that way.
The other, sneakier way is to try and take advantage of an AFK player. Staying on the Battle Bus all the way to the end and then not touching the controls until you are on the ground will often result in you landing beside someone who has been called away from the game for some reason. You can then quickly bash them up with your harvest tool and score and easy 100 damage towards the challenge.
It’s a boring way to do it, but sometimes you just have to lower yourself to taking advantage of a player who had to go answer the door.
The rest of the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 12 challenges can be found below:
- Deal damage within 15 seconds of gliding (0/200) – 20000 XP
- Visit Scenic Spot, Gorgeous Gorge, and Mount Kay (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Destroy inflatable tubemen at gas stations (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Find a family portrait from a shipwreck (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Throw a fish back in the water (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Hit different opponents with a harpoon gun (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Catch different weapon types from fishing spots (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Hit an opponent within 10 seconds of Zero Point Dashing (5,19,15,20,25) – 55000 to 22000 XP