One of Week 12’s challenge in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 is to catch different types of weapons from fishing spots. Fish spots can appear as small white bubble like areas on the surface of water all over the map. Players would normally catch fish here, but these spots can also give weapons.
The problem with this challenge is that catching weapons can be tough, and you need to get different types. The same weapon at different rarities will not count. It might take a little while, so you want to stack the odds in your favor.
Make your way to Splode Island to the northeast of Stealthy Stronghold. There is also a fishing rod barrel beside Splode’s Shack here. Grab the rod, and make sure it is not a Pro rod, as these cannot catch weapons. Make your way to the beach and start fishing at any of the numerous fishing spots that spawn here.
The amount of fishing spots around the island are what make it such a good place to do any fishing related challenges. After that, keep fishing up you are lucky enough to catch three different types of weapons to finish the quest.
You can find the rest of the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 12 challenges below:
- Deal damage within 15 seconds of gliding (0/200) – 20000 XP
- Visit Scenic Spot, Gorgeous Gorge, and Mount Kay (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Destroy inflatable tubemen at gas stations (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Find a family portrait from a shipwreck (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Throw a fish back in the water (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Hit different opponents with a harpoon gun (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Catch different weapon types from fishing spots (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Hit an opponent within 10 seconds of Zero Point Dashing (5,19,15,20,25) – 55000 to 22000 XP