EA has announced its Q4 2011 result, and according to the details revealed the company has done exceptionally well. A total of three titles sold more than 5 millions copies, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 crossed 7 million mark, and "FIFA 11" is the best performing game of the company as it sold 12 million.
“EA is building its digital business in a way only EA can, with key brands performing well cross-platform from mobile, to social to console.”
“We’re happy to report another strong quarter, top and bottom line. We’re particularly proud of the scale and growth rate of our digital business,” said CEO, John Riccitiello,. “EA is building its digital business in a way only EA can, with key brands performing well cross-platform from mobile, to social to console.”
“Our fourth quarter and full year non-GAAP EPS hit the top of our guidance range,” said Eric Brown, Chief Financial Officer. “Digital revenue exceeded our $750 million full year non-GAAP target, driving higher profitability.”
EA's Achievements in Q4 2011
- EA was the #1 publisher in the Western World in Q4 on high definition consoles and #1 on the PC. EA was the #1 publisher in Europe and increased segment share by three points to 20%.
- EA delivered 15 titles rated 80 or above by Metacritic in fiscal 2011. Mass Effect 2 won more than 150 quality awards including Game of the Year at both the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences and the British Academy of Film and Television Arts.
- EA held 15 of the top 25 paid games on the iPhone Easter Weekend. Revenue from iOS devices and from our Playfish social gaming site both increased by more than 100% in the fourth quarter as compared to the same period fiscal 2010.
- EA shipped seven titles in the fourth quarter that have already sold in over 1 million units each, life to date. Crysis 2, Dragon Age 2, and Dead Space 2 each sold in more than two million units.
- Life to date, including digital, FIFA 11 sold in 12 million units; Battlefield: Bad Company 2 sold in over seven million units; and Medal of Honor, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, and Madden NFL 11 each sold in over five million units.
- Cumulative sales of Dead Space 2 are currently 40% higher than sales of the original Dead Space game over a comparable period.
- The EA SPORTS FIFA franchise generated over $100 million in non-GAAP digital revenue in fiscal 2011.