Spark Plug Games has just announced “MechRunner” for PlayStation 4, PlayStation VITA and PC. It’s an endless action game that casts you as a powerful mech in stunning cinematic battles against a relentless robotic army.
MechRunner will feature three main characters (Jesper, Allison, and Gen. Petrakoff) in an event that takes place on June 30th, 1908 where a mysterious explosion takes place over the Tunguska River in Siberia, Russia that wipes out trees and wildlife for over 800 square miles. To this day it remains the largest “impact event” in our planet’s recorded history.
The game is a “runner” in which the player is constantly moving forward while tracking down lethal O.S.O. forces but what makes it special is that you’re piloting a giant robot capable of some serious destruction! Other endless runners feature action elements, but none like this. Heat seeking missiles, heavy caliber bullets, laser cannons, and concussion bombs meet destructible buildings, debris littered streets, and tons of slice-able enemies to create a fast paced, visually stunning experience!
Listed below are features that MechRunner will offer:
- Meticulously detailed, fast-paced action
- Switch between Tank and Robot modes on the fly
- Slice & Dice enemy units with your swords
- Extensive arsenal of weapons, customizations, and power-ups
- Unique environments that blend seamlessly together
- Procedurally generated levels for endless variety
- Numerous enemy types with different tactics
- Epic boss battles!
- Dynamic environment obstacles
- Unlockable skins, upgrades, and achievements
- Rescue civilians for extra points and rewards
- Amazing Hollywood quality soundtrack
- Optional controls – play with a mouse or controller
Watch debut MechRunner trailer for PlayStation 4 below and also take a look at few in-game screenshots.