Fortnitemares 2020 has officially begun, injecting a nice dose of spooky behaviour into the game. The event brings with it some new challenges to complete, and plenty of new loot to earn.
All the challenges reward varying amounts of experience for your Battle Pass, or an item from the Fortnitemares 2020 rewards pool.
- Become a Shadow (0/3) – 40,000 XP
- Travel 100 Meters on a Witch Broom (0/100) – 40,000 XP
- Eat Candy (0/25) – Midas’ Shadow
- Deal damage with a Possessed Vehicle (October 24)
- Detect players as a Shadow (October 24)
- Eliminate Shadow Midas (October 24)
- Eliminate shadows as Player (October 27)
- Visit Different Witch Shacks (October 27)
- Consume legendary loot as a Shadow (October 27)
As you can see, some of the Challenges are currently locked, and will not be available until the specified dates. They are also unconfirmed at this time, so the ones written above may be incorrect. We will know more on the day they unlock and will update this article as needed.
The way that Fornitemares 2020 works is that when you die, you will become a Shadow and join Midas’s army. You will be able to hunt down players, but if they manage to kill you, you will be eliminated from the game.
Over the course of Fortnitemares, you can complete new Challenges to unlock special rewards, including Midas’ Shadow Wrap, the Smash O’-Lantern Pickaxe, Bobo Back Bling, and more.