Starfield is Bethesda’s finest foray into space to date. It’s a sci-fi RPG that redefines the genre and offers fans hundreds of hours of potential gameplay time in which to lose themselves with a title that they’ll look back on fondly for the rest of their lives.
The game is colossal, with many secrets, quests, side activities, pieces of lore, aliens, and so much more to see. In this article, we’ve collected together the most important information Starfield fans need. Below, players will find everything they need to sate their thirst for knowledge on the game, guides, and so much more.
Starfield Gameplay Guides
The following guides are designed to help players with various aspects of Starfield’s gameplay, giving them a better understanding of in-game systems they might not understand right away.
- Beginners Guide: Where To Go First & What To Do
- Survey Guide: How to Quickly Survey Planets
- Should You Buy Starfield?
- The Best Starting Backgrounds & Traits
- Best Spacesuit, Helmet & Pack Mods
- Best Weapon & Gun Mods
- How to Remove Wanted Trait
- How to Remove the Kid Stuff Trait
- How to Reset Vendor Stock & Credits
- How to Enter Kryx & Board The Key
- How to Purchase a House in New Atlantis
- How To Use A Boost Pack – Skills & Types Explained
- How to Pick Locks – Digipicks Explained
- How to Use the Persuasion System & Upgrade Persuasion Skill
- How to Max Out Crafting Skills Quickly
- How to Mod Weapons & Equipment
- How to Hide Spacesuit & Helmet
- How to Holster Your Weapon, Explained
- How to Remove a Bounty on Yourself
- How to Join All Factions
- How to Decorate Your Ship with Weapons and Armor
- How to Find Titanium
- How to Find Biosuppressant
- How to Find Tungsten
- How to Get and Farm Adhesive
- How to Get and Farm Sealant
- How to Get the Mark 1 Suit Early
- How to Get Acid Rain
- How to Recruit Mathis Castillo
- How to Recruit Rafael Aguerro
- How to Get the Keelhauler Legendary Pistol
- How to Locate and Survey an Ecosystem
- How To Mine Ore Faster With Cutter Secondary Fire (PC & Console)
- All Resources & How To Get Them
- All Terrormorph Types and Differences
- All Armor Stats & How They Work
- Are There Unkillable NPCs?
- Transmog – Can You Change Your Gear’s Appearance?
- Can You Skip Cutscenes
- Commerce: Value & Sell Price Explained
- Which Skills You Should Pick First
- Can You Respec Skills, Level Cap Explained
- Can You Join The Crimson Fleet?
- What Happened to Earth in Starfield? Explained
- Money Glitch – How To Use Infinite Money Glitch
- Every Power & What It Does
- How to Manage Encumbrance & Mass
- 5 Things to Do First in New Game Plus
- Should You Repeat the Main Quest or Skip The Main Quest in New Game Plus?
- What Comes With You into New Game Plus?
- Everything to Know About New Game Plus
- Optimized PC Settings, Explained
- Will Starfield on Xbox Have Mods?
- What is Food Good For? Best Food in Starfield
- Crafting Guide – Workbenches & Research Explained
- Difference Between Modified, Calibrated, & Advanced Weapons
Starfield Quest Guides
These guides will all help players through tough or decisive moments in Starfield’s quests. There are many choices to be made and challenging puzzles in quests, and players will find every solution or assistance for decisions here.
- How to Complete Into the Unknown
- Ambassador Radcliff’s Archive Code – Persuade, Blackmail, or Steal
- Due In Full: Kill, Persuade, or Make a Deal With Dieter Maliki
- Captain’s Bounty: Should You Attack or Persuade the Tracker?
- Breaking the Bank: Should You Kill or Spare Larry Dumbrosky?
- Should You Steal the Earth Savior (ES) Award?
- Deimos Executive Assistant Application Answers & Outcomes
- Red Tape Reclamation – Should You Kill Hank, Lie, or Turn Him In
- How to Complete Red Tape Runaround
- Loose Ends – Should You Kill Felix or Tell Him to Go Off-World
- Should You Kill or Spare The Akila Bank Robbers
- All Books You Can Sell to Sinclair’s Books in Akila City
- Should You Tell Delgado That Mathis Helped or Didn’t?
- Echoes of the Past: How to Open Cell D-02-106
- Tau Gourmet Production Center Control Room Location
- First Contact All Options & Outcomes
- The Runaway: Should You Kill or Persuade Natan, or Sell Out Rivkah
- Bare Metal: Should You Kill or Speak with Warlord
- Should You Kill, Persuade, or Pay the Trackers?
- Should You Side With The UC SysDef or the Crimson Fleet
- Should You Tell Reisha Lance The Eleos Retreat Needs More Security or Guidance?
- How to Complete the Mantis Base Letter Puzzle
- Should You Destroy Governor Hurst’s Ship or Turn in Evidence
- Media Sponge: How Many Dragonstar Force Books Are There & Is It Worth It?
- The Devils You Know: Can You Save Reginald Orlase?
- Tourists Go Home: How To Keep The Monster Costume In New Homestead
- The Red Mile: Location, Walkthrough & Rewards
- Tapping The Grid: What is the Correct Switch Order?
- Alternating Currents: Side With Louisa Reyez or Zoe Kaminski
- Beautiful Secrets – How to Find Terrabrew, Whetstone, and The Valberg Building
- Delivering Devils: Pay or Change Percival’s Debt, or Kill The Spacer Leader
- Late Bloomer: Persuade Leah Casler or Steal the Tree Branch
- Mob Mentality: Should You Persuade or Kill Headlock
- Beer Run: How to Sabotage Henry’s Beer
- Last Will And Testament: Should You Give the Will to Frank or The Mayor?
- First Contact: How to Prepare the Ship for the Grav Drive
- Starfield Top Secrets: Should You Take Out Malai Liskova or Betray Simon?
- How to Complete Maintaining The Edge
- The Showdown: Should You Side with the Strikers or Disciples
- Rough Landings: Should You Make a Deal with the Mayor or the Trade Authority?
- All That Money Can Buy: Kill Slayton or Deal With Musgrove
- Juno’s Gambit: Should You Side with Juno or The Ryujin Operatives?
- Lost and Found: All Paradiso Missing Items Locations
- No Sudden Moves: Every Possible Outcome Dealing With Captain Petrov
- Unearthed: All Slate Locations at Nova Galactic Research Station
- The Key Ingredient: How to Get Into the Secure Wing at the Clinic
- How to Complete Access Is Key
- In Their Footsteps: Should You Choose The Emissary, The Hunter, or Neither?
- The Hammer Falls: Should You Arrest Ron Hope or Accept His Bribe?
- One Giant Leap: Should You Become Starborn or Return To Your Universe?
- How to Complete Sabotage
- How to Complete Mantis
- Failure to Communicate – How to Find the Safe Key
- Missed the Mark: Should You Side with Maldonado or Helena
- All News Stories for A Light in the Darkness
- Saburo’s Solution – All Merchants to Distribute the Flyers to
- Superfan – Should You Steal, Trade Aurora, Persuade, or Kill for the BorealUS Slate?
- Operation Starseed
- Executive Level
- Background Checks
- Burden of Proof
- False Positives
- Guilty Parties
- High Price to Pay
- The Best There Is
- A Legacy Forged
- Absolute Power
- The Empty Nest
- Eye of the Storm
- Shadows in Neon
- Surgical Strike
Starfield Puzzle Guides
While most puzzles in Starfield are linked to quests, there are a few players can encounter that don’t have a quest attached to them. For those puzzles, we’ve provided a few helpful guides below.
Starfield Ship Guides
Ships are a huge part of Starfield, and there are many systems players will need to master to make the most of them. Below, we’ve listed every guide we have for those systems to help players get their heads around everything, from flying to stealing with the best pirates in the universe.
- Should You Buy the Starship Insurance Limited Warranty?
- How to Build Ships
- How to Find Smuggling Missions
- How to Swap Ships & Make a Home Ship
- How to Get Shielded Cargo Holds to Smuggle Contraband
- How to Sell Ships
- How to Dock, Explained
- Best Place To Sell Contraband – Wolf Den Wait Trick
- How to Store Items in Your Ship’s Cargo Hold
- How to Steal Ships – Best Weapons & Perks
- How to Smuggle Contraband Items
- How Grav Jumps & Fast Travel Works
- How to Pilot Your Ship – Power Distribution Explained
- How to Transfer Cargo Between Ships
- Can You Claim A Ship Without Making It Your Home
- Ship Combat Guide – Best Tips for Fighting Other Ships
- Can You Pilot Legendary Ships
Starfield Points of Interest Guides
Since Starfield is a Bethesda game, players have dozens of points of interest and secrets to uncover. These are notoriously difficult to discover and unlock, which is why we’ve put together guides for as many as we’ve encountered.
- Where to Find the Party Cruise
- All Earth Landmarks, Easter Eggs, & Snow Globe Locations
- Stroud-Eklund Staryard Location Guide
What Platforms is Starfield Available on
Starfield is only available on Xbox Series X/S and PC. While some old interviews have suggested that the game may one day come to PS5, it’s impossible to say if this will ever happen. The games industry has undergone many changes over the past few years, and Sony and Microsoft seem more at odds than they have been for a long time in 2023. Still, withholding Starfield from PlayStation platforms will prevent the game from reaching its true sales potential.
Is Starfield on Game Pass
Yes, Starfield is available on Game Pass. All subscribers can play the title from September 6, 2023. However, if they purchase the Premium Edition upgrade, which only costs as much as the Premium Edition of Starfield minus the cost of the base game, then they can play during the early access period. Given that almost every other Bethesda game is on Game Pass, Starfield will unlikely be removed from the service, so players don’t need to worry about missing it.
What is the Release Date for Starfield
Starfield launched in early access for players who purchased the Premium Edition on September 1, 2023. The game’s official release date is September 6, 2023, meaning some fans have five entire days to play the game before it comes to Game Pass, and everyone else can get their hands on it.
All Trailers for Starfield
The following section contains every trailer released for Starfield. This is where fans can look back at what made the build-up to the game’s launch so exciting.
The Starfield Space Camp Trailer dives into the real life science behind the world of Starfield.
The Settled Systems trailers all explored a different portion of the Starfield universe to give fans an idea of what to expect when they dive into the title.
The Live Action trailer for Starfield is like nothing else. It’s a transformation of the game’s concepts into what looks like real life, and it’s amazing.
The official gameplay reveal trailer was a true moment in history, the first glimpse of what players would be doing in this vast universe.
In this behind the scenes video, fans were invited to check out some of the most exciting features about Starfield, such as Vasco.
The Announcement Trailer was the first teaser for Starfield, and fans were excited for the title from that moment forward.